11.30.2009

Scoping out the Competition

Ran over to About Face for their Pink Monday sale today (15% off everything in the store... and I just ran out of Mineral Veil - what luck!) While I was over there, I stopped in a gift shop nearby.

Now this is an almost famous gift shop downtown. People love to to get things there for those who have it all. Fun, bright assortments of everything you didn't know you needed! A co-worker had told me that the store sold locally made lip balm. She thought maybe I could get my Osmosis in there, too. I had an idea of whose lip balm this would be, but I thought I'd check it out for myself. It is such a fun store... with little pictures of kids with food all over their faces and the words "Smile, your on camera" placed strategically all over the store. I found some bath products (made locally by the person I had imagined would sell lip balm there), but no lip balm.

I thought I'd make it out without buying something, but a little something caught my eye and will be sent to my mom for Christmas.

As I was checking out, low and behold... lip balm... locally made... (by that same person mentioned earlier)... $5.95 (per tube).

To buy it and try it is the question... but to spend that much when I love Osmosis so... Dilemma.

1 comment:

  1. Picked up a tube of Badger Balm last week. It was on clearance for $1.25... so I justified it. It, like Burt's Bees, is a commercial-made competitor. Their big thing is that it is largely organic. It is okay, it has a more waxy feel to it than Osmosis.

    ReplyDelete