1.15.2010

Can't wait to try it!

I was breezing through some of my favorite blogs this morning and came across a recipe I can't wait to try.

I've been toying with lotion recipes. So far I have only attempted solid lotions because it doesn't venture into the great unknown. It's pretty much like lip balm for your skin ;)

But I'm also waiting for an order to arrive with emulsifying wax so I can attempt a liquid lotion (read: water based). AKA: the great unknown.

In the meantime, I plan to try a recipe found at Soap Queen's blog.

This recipe will make the perfect in-between, waterless, fluffy soft lotion. I feel blessed she shared the recipe and it would be stingy of me to not share it with all of you.

If you try it, let me know what you think!

2 comments:

  1. So I pretty much immediately tried this recipe. I had enough of the ingredients to make a half batch. I added a little grapeseed oil, since it has anti-oxidant properties.
    It is super creamy and fluffy. Don't make the mistake of using it like liquid lotion, though. It is entirely made of oil, so a little goes a long way.
    Also, remember that the ingredients will mostly sit on the top layer of your skin. If your skin is dehydrated, it will do you no good to use this "butter" because it will act as a barrier. So this is a good one to use after your skin has soaked up some H20 in the bath.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow ... what a cool website. I am in LOVE with beauty products of any shape and size! And now my 13-year-old daughter has eclipsed me in terms of being obsessed with all things beauty! ;0)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog today ... Love the flavors of your lip balm! I think I'll be ordering some! ;0)

    ReplyDelete